Position Available - Gunsmith
Are you Australia's Best Gunsmith?
NIOA is Australasia’s leading supplier of firearms, ammunition and related products, servicing the commercial, law enforcement and military markets. We are seeking a qualified and experienced person to join our busy team in Brisbane and establish a new capability for the company.
Gunsmith - Armourer
• Immediate start
• Secure and growing company
• Diverse and challenging role
• Hours: Mon-Fri, 8.30am - 5pm
Your duties will include:
• Maintenance and modification of firearms and related equipment
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair firearms and related equipment
• Quality control and testing procedures
• Assist with goods receiving, storage, and dispatch
• Operate machinery
• Ensuring the safe handling of firearms and ammunition
• Other support duties as required
To be successful in this role, you will require:
• A working understanding of a broad range of common civilian firearms
• Qualifications as a fitter / machinist or toolmaker
• Industry knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
• Experience in threading, chambering and fitting replacement barrels to rifles and pistols
• Refinishing experience in chemical hot blue, phosphating, and spray-on coatings
• Good computer literacy and strong communication skills
• High accuracy levels and attention to detail
• Current firearms license
• Current driver’s license and own reliable transport
This position will support new capabilities for the company and salary offered will be in line with your skills and experience.
Relocation costs to Brisbane considered.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to the following details.
Applications accepted now with interviews commencing in July 2017.
Att: David Briggs
PO Box 191
Pinkenba Qld 4008
Fax: 07 3621 9998