REMINDER: THIS PRODUCT RECALL HAS BEEN ACTIVE SINCE 24 AUGUST 2015.
Savage Arms has discovered that the bolt on some B.MAG rifles may inadvertently catch the safety button and slide it forward into the "fire" position. This condition is primarily present if downward pressure is applied to the bolt too early while pushing it forward. While Savage has received no reports of accidents due to this condition, we have decided to offer free retrofits of all B.MAG rifle bolts out of an abundance of caution and in our ongoing commitment to quality and safety.
To avoid possible unintentional discharge or injury, do not use your B.MAG rifle until your bolt has been retrofitted with a new bolt handle and cap. For instructions on receiving your free bolt retrofit, see the information below. The bolt retrofit includes the replacement of the existing bolt handle and bolt cap with a revised bolt handle and bolt cap. The correct, revised parts are easily identified in the images below.
PRODUCTS AFFECTED BY RECALL
Savage Arms B.MAG Rifle Bolts with a serial number below J800930 are included in this recall. No other Savage firearms are affected by this condition.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
To avoid possible unintentional discharge or injury, do not use your B.MAG rifle until your bolt has been retrofitted with a new bolt handle and cap.
- Determine if the bolt is subject to the recall
- If the serial number matches the recall, you can request your free retrofit kit or send back to NIOA to be replaced at no cost to you.
Left: Existing bolt handle. Right: Revisited bolt handle with detent mark on arm.
Left: Existing tapered bolt cap. Right: Revisited blunt bolt cap.
TO AVOID SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH WITH ANY RIFLE, OBSERVE THESE PRECAUTIONS:
- Always visually confirm that the safety is on after closing the bolt.
- Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.
- Never point a firearm—either loaded or empty—at anything you do not intend to shoot.
Savage Arms is the leader in accuracy, quality and value, and we stand behind our products. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
For other questions related to this bolt recall:
- Call NIOA on 1800 017 573 (free call) Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm, or
- Send us a message here